Skip to content
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the World Health Program SAFE Strategy approach to trachoma prevention and treatment.
- Explain key anatomical features of the upper eyelid.
- Safely assess a patient for trachoma surgery and prepare a sterile surgical theater.
- Describe and implement the basic surgical steps of performing trachomatous trichiasis surgery, including both Bilamellar and Posterior Lamellar Tarsal Rotation techniques.
- Safely manage postoperative care, identify postoperative complications, and dispose of surgical sharps.