Rhino-orbital-cerebral mucormycosis has emerged as an epidemic within the COVID-19 pandemic. Its treatment requires a multi-disciplinary approach, and therefore there is a need for consensus among clinicians for a common management protocol. During this lecture, the doctors discuss different clinical manifestations observed in different specialties and their treatment approach. This will help us reach a common ground for a treatment protocol and, thereby, manage the disease effectively.
- Introduction: Dr. Umang Mathur, Executive Director, Dr. Shroff’s Charity Eye Hospital, New Delhi
- Clinical manifestations and diagnosis: The Ophthalmic Perspective: Dr. Shaloo Bageja, Senior
- Consultant in Oculoplasty, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Mucormycosis, Diagnosis and Management: The ENT perspective: Dr. Manish Munjal, Senior Consultant in Otolaryngology department, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Management of Mucormycosis with COVID: The Intensivist’s Perspective: Dr. Atul Gogia, Senior Consultant, Internal Medicine and Infectious diseases, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.
Panel Discussion and Q/A: Perspectives in Management:
Dr. A K Grover, Chairman, Dept of Ophthalmology, Sir Ganga Ram hospital and Vision Eye Centre
Dr. Shweta Gogia, Consultant, Dept of ENT, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
Dr. Salil Bhargav, Consultant Radiologist, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
Dr. Chand Watal, Chairman, Department of Microbiology, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
Dr. Sima Das, Head, Oculoplasty and Ocular Oncology Services, Dr. Shroff’s Charity Eye Hospital, New Delhi
Dr. Nishi Gupta, Head Dept. of ENT & Associate Medical Director, Dr. Shroff’s Charity Eye Hospital, New Delhi
June 10, 2021