This lecture provides important updates on two public health topics:
Update on Malaria Retinopathy (Dr. Susan Lewallen)
- Be able to describe the 3 retinal features of malarial retinopathy;
- Know the significance of malaria retinopathy in the diagnosis of cerebral malaria.
Update on Global Elimination of Trachoma (Dr. Paul Courtright)
- Understand the SAFE strategy for the elimination of trachoma;
- Appreciate the magnitude of the Global Trachoma Mapping Project (largest infectious disease mapping exercise ever completed in the world;
- Understand that the global elimination of trachoma as a public health problem will be achieved in many countries of the world by the year 2020.
Lecturers: Dr. Paul Courtright & Dr. Susan Lewallen, co-founders of the Kilimanjaro Centre for Community Ophthalmology (KCCO)
Download Slides (PDF)
May 4, 2018