By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define terminologies related to oculoplastic surgery.
- Describe steps to perform a comprehensive soft tissue exam of the eyelids and eyebrows.
- Explain the steps to conduct an orbital exam and evaluate the lacrimal system.
- Describe the big picture concepts in oculoplastics and apply them to clinical situations.
- Identify and describe the anatomy of the eyelids, including the anterior/posterior lamella and lid margin.
- Explain the steps to implement sterile technique and recognize the precursors to oculoplastic surgery.
- Explain proper surgeon positioning and use of basic oculoplastic surgical instruments.
- Explain surgical techniques for abscess incision and drainage, chalazion excision, and non-margin involving eyelid laceration repair.
- Explain the steps to execute margin-involving (full thickness) eyelid laceration repair.