By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe how to perform a full evaluation of the pediatric patient, including appropriate history taking, key examination and testing techniques
- Basic Strabismus: Describe the steps of a basic strabismus examination, identify the basic strabismus instrument set and list the sequence of rectus muscle strabismus surgery steps
- Pediatric Cataract: Describe how pediatric cataract surgery management differs from adult cataract surgery and describe how to appropriately use IOLs in children.
- Advanced Strabismus: List steps in diagnosis of advanced strabismus and describe its management including oblique muscle dysfunction, restrictive strabismus and cranial nerve palsies.
- Pediatric Glaucoma: Describe the unique presenting signs and symptoms of pediatric glaucoma and articulate basic medical and surgical management techniques, particularly angle-based surgeries.
- Retinoblastoma: Describe the presenting signs of retinoblastoma and describe basic classification and management strategies.