By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Classify uveitis by type (infectious, noninfectious, masquerade), anatomic location, and time course.
- Obtain an appropriate medical history pertinent to the uveitis patient.
- Identify the appropriate examination elements and steps to determining the correct uveitis diagnosis.
- Decide on appropriate diagnostic testing of the uveitis patient.
- Initiate appropriate treatment of both infectious and non-infectious uveitis.
- Understand the fundamentals of uveitis medical treatment including topical, local, and systemic corticosteroids, as well as non-steroidal immunomodulatory therapy including antimetabolites and TNF-a inhibitors.
- Have a working knowledge of commonly encountered forms of viral uveitis.