This comprehensive resource courtesy of the New England College of Optometry (NECO) and the Partners for Sight Foundation highlights eye care for patients with intellectual disability (ID) or neurodevelopmental delay (NDD). Included are two helpful brochures and six educational videos.
1. Primary Eye Care Patient Examples
2. Practical Considerations Regarding Eye Care for this Population
3. Background Regarding the Care of Individuals with ID and NDD
4. Taking Primary Eye Care to the Next Level to Care for a Wide Range of Individuals with ID and NDD
5. How To Refract Young Children and those with ID and NDD
6. Considerations Regarding Eye Surgery for Individuals with ID and NDD
Last Updated: September 12, 2022